December 4, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I should have posted this last week, but I got locked out of this account, so better late than never...

I have never taken part in the posting of what I am thankful for each day that circulates Facebook this time of year, but it always gets me thinking about it. So I decided to make a list of the things I am most thankful for.
  1. First and foremost, I am thankful for our Creator who sent His son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross so that we could have eternal life through Him.
  2. My Mama. She is strong, beautiful, and inspiring; She changed my diapers, taught me right from wrong, and has dealt with all my shenanigans for 22 years.  
  3. Mr. Preston Ty Riggs. He loves me for who I am, he wears wranglers, and lives on a dirt road, what more could I want? Sometimes I wonder how he puts up with me, but that just makes me love him even more.
  4. My friends and family. They show unconditional love and support in everything I do (even when I decided to move to ND)  (...ehhh couldn't choose which pics to post)
  5. Teachers. I took a personal and family finance class my junior year at K-State, I don't remember what the subject of the day was but I remember the professor telling us to take pride in our education because it is the one thing that cannot be taken away from you. I had never thought of it like that, but it's true; You could sell your car or house, phones break, and pets pass away, but once you have a degree, that can't be sold or taken from you (unless maybe you forgot to return a library book, but you know what I mean). From the bottom of my heart, thank you to all of my teachers from elementary to college, they really don't get enough credit!
  6. My 4 legged babies, actually all animals for that matter. They make me happy :)
  7. Farmers and ranchers, thank you for working 365 days a year, from triple digit heat, to negative cold temperatures to help feed our bellies.
  8. For the invention of cars so that I could get home to see friends and family over Thanksgiving break.
There are lots of other things I am so thankful for, but those are the biggies.

Happy Late Thanksgiving,
Dani

"So you see, faith by itself isn't enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless" -James 2:17

No comments:

Post a Comment