October 24, 2013

SNOW!!!

Guess what?!?! It snowed last night! I was so excited! I didn't even know there was a chance of flurries but as I walked out of the gym...there it was :) It was a pretty snow, not blowing 100mph, just lightly falling and fairly wet flakes. It didn't make much, but I know that in due time, I will have my fair share.


Just slightly covered the hood of my vehicle


I had stayed late at work to study more Biochemistry and so that I could go to the gym to watch game 1 of the World Series. I don't have cable at my apartment, but each machine at the campus wellness center has a TV, so I go there to watch TV. It's good incentive to get a workout in also. The cardinals did not have a great game; I only watched the first 4 innings at the gym before heading home to study some more. I was starting to get funny looks from people when I started getting into the game and softly yelling at the TV for the Cards to get it together!

I went home and immediately put on my 'snow pants' (pajama pants). Its become a tradition to wear them each time it snows...they are soft :) Oh, and found an online broadcast of the ballgame

 
 
Not surprising, I soon became tired of studying and my sweet tooth kicked in. So earlier in the week I made a 'brownie' batter dip that I found on pinterest. But while at the grocery store I accidentally grabbed a cake batter instead of brownie batter, but I figured it wouldn't be that much different. It turned out quite yummy, but it made a lot! More than I would be able to eat before it would go bad, so tonight I decided to add an egg to it and bake it. I had no idea if would be best baked as cookies or a cake, but after I added the egg it was more of a cake batter consistency than cookies. I had a few Oreo cookies left in a bag, so I crumbled them up to top it off.
Ready for oven

It's rising...that's a good sign
 


It's really rising...hope it doesn't overflow


It kept rising, but never overflowed. It smelled yummy.


Done!


Mmmmm!




It turned out pretty good...it tasted pretty much exactly like the batter, kinda yougurty, not the best I've ever had, but still pretty good. But the texture was lovely! Very moist and soft, I'd chalk it up for a win. But now I am curious as to what the original dip would of tasted like with brownie batter...I will have to try it again sometime, after all I know have a whole box of Teddy Gram's that won't get eaten.

Biochem and a Cardinal loss made the night a bummer, but snow and happy taste buds made up for it!

Love and miss you all!

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" -1 Timothy 4:8

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww! Did last night's game make up for it?
    I heard that you could have a light dusting and figured you were eagerly watching for it. Great that it was a surprise!
    Love you more!

    ReplyDelete